Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!
this was pretty hard for me, it took a long time and i’m not sure how i feel about it haha but i’ll just offer it along with ryuko at awa
BBMN’S PENCIL COMMISSIONS OPEN!
I’ll draw mostly anything except morally dubious things (extreme violence, criminality, rape, nazism etc..)
Romance is fine but I won’t draw graphical intercourse this time!
Original (Or your friends’) characters are prefered!
If interested contact me through the message function or email: yossraelsaid(AT)hotmail.com
Questions are welcome as well! :)
Ten slots are available for now (might change depending on demand)!
Slots are counted by commissions, not commissioners. So one person is eligable of taking a maximum of 3 slots at a time.
Oh!! I hope you’re enjoying it! I went to the Savannah Campus as well. I had a lot of fun meeting people; I met my best friend there. I didn’t do so well academically because of stress, so I had to drop out. But man I had a great time socially xD
I was in SCAD for Illustration. What are you there for? I knew a lot of people who went to SCAD for Sequential Art, haha
I think I received most of the questions in the list, so i don’t think I need any more xD
1. Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
Definitely digital.. but I’d like to be good enough at trad one day. I’m amazed by people who can do both really well.
2.How long have you been drawing?
I’ve been drawing ‘seriously’ since I was in middle school!
3.How many classes have you taken?
I’ve only taken an AP art class in high school, and I attended one year in art school, Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). I didn’t learn how to draw from those classes though.
5.What’s your favorite thing to draw?
My favorite thing to draw are… really defined male bodies, homoerotic boy’s love situations :y , plants, skeletons, and lately robot type things!
6.What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
Rooms in perspective because i don’t know how :U
8.Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
For fun, but hopefully one day I’ll be a professional!
9.How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
On a good day, 6+ hours, on a bad day… maybe 30 minutes xD I try my best to draw something every day.
16.Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
I draw.. less. Back then it was poor quality stuff though, just doodles in my sketchbook. But I suppose that’s how I got to this point in this ‘artistic journey’ lol
17.Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
Only on things I look like I’d know about haha, like.. bodies and stuff. Other than that, not really. I don’t really have any credentials to my name, I’m just an “artist on the internet” right now haha.
19.What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
Hands and rooms in persPECTIVE. //crumples//
20.What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
The easiest thing for me to draw are human faces. It makes me wonder how many faces I’ve drawn over years..
22.Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
These pictures are about one year apart, so I think I’m doing fine.
23.Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
Half and half xD
24.Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
Honestly I do feel jealous of other artists but not because of their art. xD More like their achievements and stuff.
But usually when I see someone’s art and I really love it, I save it to my computer and look at it later and try to see what I like the most about it. Then I try to use that thing i like in my future drawings.
So I can’t really say I’m inspired by them… more like influenced? It’s important to have self-motivation, instead of relying on inspiration and stuff.
25.Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
I never draw in silence because it’s awkward… So I usually have TV or Netflix or some show I have saved on the computer (aka Kamen Rider…) running in the background while I draw. Sometimes I listen to LP’s on youtube, like TheRadBrad or cr1tikal (I LOVE cr1tikal’s videos SO MUCH)
30. What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
I draw nowadays because
And I figure if I get better with drawing, I can be more effective getting my ideas across, that’s all : D
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?